|Alternate Colors - Move List - Relationships - Image Gallery - Animations|
|Alias|| Red (nickname from Eko)|
Sharlie (nickname from Heart)
|Physical and Vital Information|
|Affiliation||Rosenberg Academy Junior High School, 2nd Year, Class A|
|Weakest Subject||None (read: all)|
|Fighting Style||Mark III Chain Summoning|
|Game(s)|| Arcana Heart 3|
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars
|Japanese VA||Yuki Matsuoka|
|“||Did you dream you could beat me?||”|
Scharlachrot (シャルラッハロート, Sharurahharōto) is a playable character in the Arcana Heart series. Like Weiss, she is a Valkyria made by the Drexler Institute, and following the Institute's downfall, she was taken under the wing of Petra before suddenly disappearing.
She serves as not only the secondary antagonist of the Arcana Heart 3 games, but also the sub-boss of the games' Story Mode when playing as anyone but her.
Her Arcana is Baldur, the Spirit of Fenrir.
Another Valkyrie who was brought into existence by the Japanese branch of the Drexler Institute, she's the product of their experiments in creating artificial angels. Like Weiss, she was trained almost since birth to be the perfect soldier by the Institute, who hid their activities by pretending to be a religious order.
Scharlachrot has a very strong emotional attachment to Weiss, and would gladly kill or die for her in equal measure. After the downfall of the Drexler Institute, she was taken under Petra's wing, but has since disappeared.
Scharlachrot blocks the angels' way as the ultimate opponent. What has happened to her? What is her true objective?
Scharlachrot is a fair skinned teenager with red eyes and spiky scarlet red hair tied into twin tails that reaches her ankles. She wears a purple strapless bra top and purple shorts, both of which are held by belts, detached sleeves and black boots with red stripes. her most noticeable clothing is her purple high collar cape that occasionally covers her whole body. The cape has a red upside down triangle on the front and the cape itself is a bit worn out, evident by the rips and tears at the bottom of the cape.
At the beginning, Scharlachrot seems like a cold and stoic girl who was poised to collect all the Celestial Stones to power Ragnarok. But she would soon start acting more psychotic, wanting everything to just die. She acts a bit more crazed when she would encounter Weiss, as she would kill anyone who would stand between her and "Sophie", and that she would die for her.
However, Scharlachrot is aware that she's being controlled and, in her story after incapacitating Weiss (instead of trying to kill her, implying she held back), expresses relief when the voices from the brainwashing vanished. Scharlachrot also apparently despises that she believes she's only good for chaos and destruction, as shown in her story mode after defeating Ragnarok, she breaks down shedding tears thinking that's all she's good for and is shown in one of her victory animations where she covers her face with both of her hands, looking sad.
Upon being freed from the Drexler Institute's brainwashing, Scharlachrot has mellowed out considerably, as she remains calm when around Weiss and is able to speak and have normal conversations with other people such as Heart, Saki, and Petra without losing her sanity. She also adores Eko and looks out for her alongside Weiss. She is still prone to being annoyed by other people and will occasionally act violent toward others such as Clarice and Kira, but is able to hold herself back as pointed out by Weiss when Scharlachort didn't summon her chains against the latter. She does reacts negatively toward things that are reminiscent of when she was brainwashed, as when asked by Clarice of what she would do if she had a love potion, Scharlachrot responds that she would throw it away and is visibly annoyed.
She suddenly disappears following the downfall of the Drexler Institute. As Weiss and Petra investigate the recent abnormal activities, Scharlachrot started looking throughout Japan for Celestial Stones in order to power Ragnarok.
For full Story details: Scharlachrot/AH3 Storyline
- Like Weiss' Arcana, Scharlachrot's Arcana, Baldur, was based on a god from Norse mythology, but is based Fenrir.
- Scharlachrot means "scarlet" in German, in reference to her hair/eye color as well as her bloodlust.
- She was previously unplayable in the vanilla arcade version of AH3. She has been playable since the console release of AH3 later on.
- One of her alternate colors make her resemble Black★Rock Shooter.
- Like Weiss, she takes her Arcana move names from prominent Nazi officers. Baldur is not a reference to the benevolent Norse god of light, but to Baldur von Schirach, head of the Hitler Youth. It even has a move called Agosai Schirach (Jawbreaking Schirach).
- She is a comparison to Hazama, or Yūki Terumi, from the BlazBlue series since both are ax-crazy psychotic antagonists who use chains, occasionally laughing mad, are one of the most evil characters in the series who hates the world, and wants to used an versatile substance for their purpose.
- The main difference is while Terumi purposely committed evil acts, Scharlachrot was brainwashed in doing villainous acts and while Scharlachrot was still prone to being violent upon being freed of the brainwashing, she has reformed, while Terumi never reformed and continued to be evil.
|Arcana Heart Characters|